You’ve been at Kellogg Community College for two years, you’ve worked hard, gotten your credits, you’re ready to graduate in the spring and move on to the next step in life, right? Graduating from KCC requires a few extra steps, besides finishing your last classes.
Before applying to graduate, meet with an academic advisor to make sure you have met all the degree or certificate requirements, including the service-learning requirement. After that, you are ready to apply for graduation.
Complete these steps before March 1 to apply to graduate from KCC this spring:
- Log in to the Bruin Portal on the KCC website
- Click on the graduation cap icon titled “academics” on the left side of the screen
- Click “graduation overview”
- Click “apply” for the degrees or certificates you wish to graduate with and select your term and military status
- If you are planning to graduate from more than one program or your program isn’t listed, click the blue banner at the top that says, “to apply for graduation from a program that is not listed, click here”
- You will receive a confirmation email after you have applied
- You will also receive an email about mailing your diploma; follow the instructions to make sure your diploma gets to you
- Check your email in mid-February for information regarding commencement
- Return the graduate confirmation form to KCC’s Bruin Bookstore by April 3, even if you are not participating in commencement
- Return the cap and gown order form to the KCC bookstore by April 3
- Pick up your cap and gown at the bookstore during business hours
Students planning on finishing their degrees or certificates in the summer semester can still walk at graduation this spring as long as they apply to graduate before March 1. Students who finish in the summer can choose to graduate and walk at commencement in the spring of 2021, and should apply to graduate before July 1, 2020.
One free diploma will be mailed to the address on your file per degree or certificate completion, and additional copies can be ordered for $5 each. If you are graduating from more than one program, you will receive a separate diploma for each program.
Graduates do not have to walk at commencement to graduate, but still need to fill out the graduate confirmation form to say they will not be walking.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 269-565-2612.