- As reported in a Bruin News article earlier this week, KCC’s men’s and women’s cross-country teams had successful inaugural seasons this past fall, winning their respective regional championships and bringing home All-American honors for runners Kyle Strong and Maggie Wood. According to a news release from KCC, Strong and Wood also earned All-MCCAA Team, MCCAA All-Freshman Team, NJCAA Region XII Division III Meet Champion and NJCAA Region XII Division III All-Region Team honors. Additionally, runners Emma Berning and Joe Glubke were each named to the Region XII Division III All-Region Team and Head Coach Erin Lane was awarded the Region XII Division III Coach of the Year award.
- According to a news release from KCC, Public Safety Education students and employees from the Police Academy and EMS Program participated in the annual Kalamazoo and Calhoun County Polar Plunge this weekend in Kalamazoo. KCC’s Police Academy team raised more than $6,500 for Special Olympics Michigan through the event, while the EMS team raised more than $900.
- According to an updated news release from KCC, the college’s annual Soul Food Lunch has been rescheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 20, due to campus weather closures. The event will be held from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Kellogg Room adjacent to the Student Center on campus at 450 North Ave. in Battle Creek. The event was originally scheduled for 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Feb. 13. The Bruin News reported on this and other events in an article about Black History Month events at KCC posted Feb. 8.
- According to posts on several of KCC’s official social media channels, the college hosted representatives from the state’s Talent and Economic Development Department Friday at KCC’s the Regional Manufacturing Technology campus to continue Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s “Home for Opportunity Tour.” KCC hosted a roundtable conversation about worker training and closing skills gaps and led participants on a tour of the college’s newly renovated RMTC. Click here to view photos from the event in a photo gallery on KCC’s Facebook page.
Important dates and deadlines
- The deadline to apply to graduate from KCC this spring is March 1. Click here for more information from the KCC website.
- Applications for KCC’s Dental Hygiene Program starting this fall are due March 1. Click here for more information from the KCC website.
- Scholarship applications for the KCC Foundation’s Gold Key, Board of Trustee and General scholarships are due March 1; transfer scholarship applications are due March 23. Click here for more information from a KCC news release.
- Spring financial aid refund checks for the second half of student loans will be mailed March 15. Click here for more information from the KCC website.
- Additional upcoming financial aid deadlines include the spring-only loan request deadline on March 25 and the spring SAP appeal deadline and summer priority processing deadline (FAFSA submitted) on March 29. Click here for more information from the KCC website.
- The deadline for students graduating from KCC this spring to order their caps and gowns from the Bruin Bookstore is March 29. Contact the bookstore at 269-965-4128 for more information.
- Applications for KCC’s Physical Therapist Assistant Program are due April 1. Click here for more information from the KCC website.
Submit your KCC news, dates and deadlines for inclusion in this weekly list by email to the editor at [email protected].